Find the integral rate equation of 1st order reaction

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
avistein
Messages
48
Reaction score
1

Homework Statement



The reaction v1A+v2B--->Products is 1st order wrt A and 0 order wrt B.If the reaction is started with [A0] and [B0] find the integral rate equation.

The Attempt at a Solution



I have got ln[A0]/[A0]-v1x=kt but answer is given as ln[A0]/[A0]-v1x=v1kt.Which one is right?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
ln[A0]/[A]=kt is the integrated rate equation for 1st order reaction.where A0 is intitial conc at time=0 and A is conc left after time =t .Here v1x has been used and [A0]-v1x is left.so that becomes ln[A0]/[A0]-v1x=kt?
 
I'm sorry but I don't understand what you are doing. I don't understand what v1 is or what x is. You need to show your work carefully, not reiterate what you wrote in the first post.