1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering Finding an Entry-Level Electrical Engineering Position

1. Oct 24, 2016 #1
    What are the chances of getting an Entry-Level Electrical Engineering job 3 years after I graduated? I had a 3 year gap because I was getting my teaching degree. However, I did stay current with electrical engineering fundamentals / knowlege during those years.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 24, 2016 #2
    All job markets are local. Job prospects depend on your local market as well as your strengths and weaknesses: prior experience, research, internships, GPA, reputation of school. I recommend sharing those personal details with a few folks familiar with your local market and getting their input and advice. Or just put together a good resume and start applying for jobs in your desired locations.

If you don't get called for interviews, then you need to begin thinking about willingness to move to a stronger job market or strengthening your application.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted