Finding coefficient of friction on a rough section of a ramp

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
tmb1986
Messages
1
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


A 25.0 kg block is released from point A (on a ramp, think of a skateboarders half pipe) at 3.00 meters. The track is frictionless except from points B to C (which has a length of 6m). The block travels down the track from point A to B, at which point it hits the friction section and travels to C.

Question 1: Determine the coefficient of friction between the block and the rough patch between B and C
Question 2: Determine the speed of the block at point C

My attempts:
I'm really struggling determining the coefficient of friction. When that is determined I don't think I'll have any issues finding the speed of the block.
 
Physics news on Phys.org