Finding sources on fusion versus fission mass-to-energy conversion efficiency

  • Thread starter Thread starter mattmac.nuke
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Efficiency Fusion
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
mattmac.nuke
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
The efficiency to which I am referring is the amount of mass converted to energy. I need to find an academic source to cite that fusion is more efficient in this respect than fission.

Any sources?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Well, it is a .edu site... I really think it should, I mean, this paper isn't even for a science course, it's technical writing for engineers. The only way I could bear through the paper was to write about a topic that I really enjoy!

Though I am interested in finding a textbook source for this.
 
mattmac.nuke said:
Well, it is a .edu site... I really think it should, I mean, this paper isn't even for a science course, it's technical writing for engineers. The only way I could bear through the paper was to write about a topic that I really enjoy!

Though I am interested in finding a textbook source for this.

You may be able to just use an encyclopedia to find the usual discussion of Binding Energy. Certainly any Physics Encyclopedia will have that topic. You can also look for books in your school library on Plasma Physics.