Finding the change in position and angle after moving the rectangle

In summary, the conversation discusses a mathematical approach to solving a problem involving four dots on a square and a moving rectangle. The goal is to find the angle and position values needed for the rectangle to return to its original position. The solution involves drawing lines between points and using vectors to calculate the angle. The conversation ends with gratitude for the help provided.
junseok Lee
TL;DR Summary
Finding the change in position and angle after moving the rectangle
image.PNG

I am curious about how to approach the problem mathematically, so I write.

There are 4 dots on the square and I know the location.

The rectangle moves and the positions and angles of the four points change.

I also know the location of the four points that have changed.

I don't know the changed angle.

How can I find the angle and value to move to the initial position?

I would like to know the calculation of the angle and position values required for the rectangle to return to its original position.

Please advise.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Can you provide some context for this question?

Is this for a video game or web page image transformation?

jedishrfu said:
Can you provide some context for this question?

Is this for a video game or web page image transformation?
I want to correct the position by checking the position of the tray with the camera.

Draw a line between X1,Y1 and X2,Y2. Draw the line between the same points of the moved rectangle. Find the angle between the two lines. This is very simple with vectors.

The change in position depends on how and when you do the rotation.

mfb said:
Draw a line between X1,Y1 and X2,Y2. Draw the line between the same points of the moved rectangle. Find the angle between the two lines. This is very simple with vectors.

The change in position depends on how and when you do the rotation.
Thanks for your help.
Thanks to you, I was able to solve it simply.

Likes mfb

1. What is the formula for finding the change in position and angle after moving the rectangle?

The formula for finding the change in position and angle after moving the rectangle is:
Change in position = Final position - Initial position
Change in angle = Final angle - Initial angle

2. How do you determine the final position and angle of a rectangle after it has been moved?

To determine the final position and angle of a rectangle after it has been moved, you need to know the initial position and angle of the rectangle, as well as the distance and direction of the movement. You can then use the formula mentioned in the previous answer to calculate the change in position and angle, and add it to the initial position and angle to get the final values.

3. Can the change in position and angle be negative?

Yes, the change in position and angle can be negative. This indicates that the rectangle has moved in the opposite direction of the initial position and angle.

4. How does the shape and size of the rectangle affect the change in position and angle?

The shape and size of the rectangle do not affect the change in position and angle. The formula for calculating the change in position and angle only takes into account the initial and final positions and angles, as well as the distance and direction of the movement.

5. Can the change in position and angle be calculated for any type of movement?

Yes, the change in position and angle can be calculated for any type of movement, as long as the initial and final positions and angles are known. This includes linear, rotational, and combined movements.