jog511
- 23
- 0
Homework Statement
lim x->0 sin4x/2x
Homework Equations
lim x->0 sinx/x =1
The Attempt at a Solution
can I write lim x->0 sin4x/2x as sinx/x * 4/2 = 1*2 or am I missing a step ?
]No, one cannot do that. There is no rule that says one can pull out a factor from a trig function like this. You have to rewrite you expression in the formjog511 said:Homework Statement
lim x->0 sin4x/2x
Homework Equations
lim x->0 sinx/x =1
The Attempt at a Solution
can I write lim x->0 sin4x/2x as sinx/x * 4/2 = 1*2 or am I missing a step ?
I have no idea what you mean by that. But surely you know that sin(2x) is NOT equal to 2sin(x)?jog511 said:like 4/4
jog511 said:I don't understand this concept. Even Calculus by Larson does not explain it well.
Correct.jog511 said:It has to be 2