Finding the number of solenoid loops from wire thickness

  • Thread starter Thread starter kevinnn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Loops Solenoid
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
kevinnn
Messages
117
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


A solenoid has a radius of 10 cm and a length of 50 cm. What I need to know to begin the problem is the number of loops ion the solenoid.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution


One turn will have a length of 2(pi)r. I need to know the thickness of the wire around. Once I have this I can take the length of the solenoid and divide it by this thickness to obtain the number of turns. I'm just not sure how to go about doing this. Help appreciated. Thanks. [/B]
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Please post the complete problem as it was given to you. As it stands there is not enough information in the problem statement to determine what you want, nor is it clear why you would need the number of turns on the solenoid. It is possible that there is some relevant context or other related information which you haven't shown.