Finding the slope of a Beer's Law calibration curve from Excel

  • Thread starter Thread starter physicsman2
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Law Slope
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 7K views
physicsman2
Messages
139
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


I made a graph of Absorbance vs. Concentration from data I got in the lab.
I graphed it and now am trying to figure out how to find the slope of the curve.
It's supposed to be a Beer's Law calibration curve.



Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution


I used Excel and got y = 228.19x + .0369 as the trendline.
Would 228.19 be the Beer's Law slope I need to use to find the concentrations of other absorbances later in the lab? It seems too high, but I really need feedback fast, please. Thank you.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, it's the slope. Make sure you have chosen x and y correctly, though.