Football freaks only - Which league is the best?
- Thread starter EL
- Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
140 replies · 16K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Discussion
___
- 61
- 0
premier league of course...:-)
Anttech
- 237
- 0
Premier League...
marlon
- 3,779
- 11
NOT Belgian League for sure. I am conviced that George five days before his death, was still a better socer player than 95% of the losers we have walking about the Belgian green fields.
i go with Premier League
i go with Premier League
LeBrad
- 214
- 0
With the Colts and the Bungles it's definitely the AFC. I'm still not sold on the Seahawks.
Anttech
- 237
- 0
With the Colts and the Bungles it's definitely the AFC. I'm still not sold on the Seahawks.
ehh?? I hope you are joking
Lisa!
Gold Member
- 672
- 96
La Liga nad Premier League(because of Liverpool and its Spaniards)! 
Anttech
- 237
- 0
NOT Belgian League for sure. I am conviced that George five days before his death, was still a better socer player than 95% of the losers we have walking about the Belgian green fields.
LOL.. actually historically Anderlech was a very good team in europe
kaos
- 63
- 0
Premiere league. GO Man UTd!
Andy
- 76
- 14
I think the teams in the premiership are in general of a lot higher quality but La liga is a close second, it is quite a close season so far in spain.
Anttech
- 237
- 0
So EL.. when you going to eat your hat :-)
hehe
Actually I'll let you off since your best player (ever?) was playing for Celtic and was rather good :-) bit old now tho, but in his hay day was a a scoring machine.. 242 goals in 315 games.. not bad in any division, shame about 2003 tho :(
hehe
Actually I'll let you off since your best player (ever?) was playing for Celtic and was rather good :-) bit old now tho, but in his hay day was a a scoring machine.. 242 goals in 315 games.. not bad in any division, shame about 2003 tho :(
Last edited:
franznietzsche
- 1,523
- 6
LeBrad said:With the Colts and the Bungles it's definitely the AFC. I'm still not sold on the Seahawks.
I was wondering how long that would take.
Its totally the NFC.
What other league has Vikings as the premiere choke artists?
Andy
- 76
- 14
Actually I'll let you off since your best player (ever?) was playing for Celtic and was rather good :-) bit old now tho, but in his hay day was a a scoring machine.. 242 goals in 315 games.. not bad in any division, shame about 2003 tho :(
The scottish league is crap, larsson was pretty good though.
honestrosewater
Gold Member
- 2,133
- 6
Yeah, Peyton and Dungy are hotties, but it's totally the NFC. I mean, we have the Barber twins and the yonger Manning. And everyone knows the younger brothers are way hotter. So what is everyone else talking about? Succer?
franznietzsche
- 1,523
- 6
honestrosewater said:Yeah, Peyton and Dungy are hotties, but it's totally the NFC. I mean, we have the Barber twins and the yonger Manning. And everyone knows the younger brothers are way hotter. So what is everyone else talking about? Succer?
I dunno, but its not football
honestrosewater
Gold Member
- 2,133
- 6
I bet they aren't insomniacs either. We could so easily steal this thread and make it about real sports like frisbee or beer pong.franznietzsche said:I dunno, but its not football![]()
franznietzsche
- 1,523
- 6
honestrosewater said:I bet they aren't insomniacs either. We could so easily steal this thread and make it about real sports like frisbee or beer pong.
Oooooh! I love beer pong. Play with guinness. MMM. Good times. Or play with my personal hard lemonade that consists of 1 part vodka to 3 parts lemonade (I don't want to die from beer pong afterall, otherwise it'd be 1-1). Good stuff.
Homework Helper
Gold Member
- 1,145
- 0
honestrosewater said:I bet they aren't insomniacs either.
No, but they are spread over a lot of countries
When you compare Association football and American football, it is easy to notice that
(i) Injuries are much more probable in American football
(ii) American football is much more expensive
(iii) It's too violent (reminds me of fully armoured tanks battling)
Besides,
you have a ball and you play with your feet, so football.
I wonder why Americans call American football as football
From what I have seen most of the passing and running is done with the ball in the hands. Handball would have been a better name.
franznietzsche
- 1,523
- 6
siddharth said:No, but they are spread over a lot of countries.
When you compare Association football and American football, it is easy to notice that
(i) Injuries are much more probable in American football
(ii) American football is much more expensive
(iii) It's too violent (reminds me of fully armoured tanks battling)
Besides,
you have a ball and you play with your feet, so football.
I wonder why Americans call American football as football?
From what I have seen most of the passing and running is done with the ball in the hands. Handball would have been a better name.
i) Yeah, nothing like getting pummeled by 300 lbs(140kg) of linebacker.
ii)Meh, we're gluttonous and wasteful on every other level anyway
iii) Mind you, I'm a rabid Ice Hockey fan. American football is nothing. The Canucks will tell you as much, I'm sure.
As to why its called football, I think it has more to do with the elongated ball. Beyond that, I have no idea.
honestrosewater
Gold Member
- 2,133
- 6
Huh huh... you said elongated balls.
franznietzsche
- 1,523
- 6
honestrosewater said:Huh huh... you said elongated balls.
Well...you know...yeah...
honestrosewater
Gold Member
- 2,133
- 6
Meh, I guess it's not the worst thing you could have done with them.franznietzsche said:Well...you know...yeah...![]()
So what should the two sports be called? Handball is no good -- in fact, hand anything is no good. Suggestions? Something ball...
franznietzsche
- 1,523
- 6
honestrosewater said:Meh, I guess it's not the worst thing you could have done with them.
So what should the two sports be called? Handball is no good -- in fact, hand anything is no good. Suggestions? Something ball...
Handball is definitely too tribdog-ish.
Ballhand? Ballfoot? BallSmash? Murder Ball? Mutilation Ball? I got it! ELONGATED BALL Huh? Huh?? Whaddya think?
honestrosewater
Gold Member
- 2,133
- 6
I think this still-of-the-night-thread-stealing stuff is harder than I remember.
franznietzsche
- 1,523
- 6
honestrosewater said:I think this still-of-the-night-thread-stealing stuff is harder than I remember.
Well the alternative is sleep. Sleep is great. But when I sleep, I dream. And my dreams are great. Which leads to me waking up and realizing that they're only dreams, and that's all they'll ever be. And that part is not so great.
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 900
- 1
Premier and Liverpool of course.
honestrosewater
Gold Member
- 2,133
- 6
Aww, you want to talk about it? If so, I suggest you go somewhere where someone wants to listen.franznietzsche said:Well the alternative is sleep. Sleep is great. But when I sleep, I dream. And my dreams are great. Which leads to me waking up and realizing that they're only dreams, and that's all they'll ever be. And that part is not so great.
Okay, I kinda like Murderball, but it's not quite tough enough. Maybe Killball. Or why don't we call non-American football Footyball?
Similar threads
- fourthindiana
- · Replies 19 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 19
- gravenewworld
- · Replies 2 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 2