For Homework Helpers Who Use Firefox

In summary: My friend, you are a true legend :cool: Thanks alot!:approve:Glad to help. :smile:Hi Hoot,Thanks for the tip. I'll install that extension...it sure looks handy.Groovy. It's a keeper. Thanks.
neutrino
I know how most of you feel when you have to type "Please show some of your work", "We don't do your homework for you" etc over and over again. Well, here's something that would make that task easier.

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1063/

This is an extension that'll paste email addresses into the fields that you would come across while registering in a forum or such places. But as the author notes "Strictly speaking, you can use this extension to paste any text string in any text input field. It doesn't have to be an email address, just any long text you have to enter somewhere often and don't want to type in every time. Consider it a "rubber stamp" of sorts." (I notice that you can store 15 different text strings)

There's also a option to paste from a file. So if you have all the standard phrases/sentences stored in notepad, this would be a great add-on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Another good program for posting pre-written text is Short Keys. It is a windows programm though :)

You can asign a string of text to be replaced by another text. If I were to write something like

Code:
my<>sig

straigh away, it would turn out to actually give my personal signature on a computer/webdesign forum. I find it really useful as we have a LOT of standard reply like "Support Resolved", "Submission Accepeted" and so on.

Thanks for the tip neutrino. (I work on a Linux machine) I'll install that extension...it sure looks handy.

Groovy. It's a keeper. Thanks.

Help! I've just tried to install it and Firefox says that I currently have software installation disabled and I should click 'edit options' and enable it. When I click on edit options I can't find any 'disable software installation' option anywhere, in any of the tabs?! Can someone help me out please?

Hootenanny said:
Help! I've just tried to install it and Firefox says that I currently have software installation disabled and I should click 'edit options' and enable it. When I click on edit options I can't find any 'disable software installation' option anywhere, in any of the tabs?! Can someone help me out please?

Have you installed extensions/themes previsouly?

Try this...

Tools -> Options -> Cotents, click the button 'Exceptions' (Warn me when web sites...) and check if addons.mozilla.org is in the list of allowd sites (I'm not sure if that site is there by default). If not, just type it into the field, click 'Allow' and try installing again.

neutrino said:
Have you installed extensions/themes previsouly?

Try this...

Tools -> Options -> Cotents, click the button 'Exceptions' (Warn me when web sites...) and check if addons.mozilla.org is in the list of allowd sites (I'm not sure if that site is there by default). If not, just type it into the field, click 'Allow' and try installing again.
I have previously tried installing themes, but I got the same message:grumpy: Yes, mozilla addons is there and I've tried disabling the option all together, but to no avail:frown: .

Hi Hoot,
I had to go to another message board where someone else had the same problem while trying to install an extension. So here's what you do...

Type about:config in your address bar and press Enter. Type xpinstall.enabled in the Filter field. The details will come up, right click on it and choose Toggle (do this only if it was 'False' before, and after you do this it should change to 'True'). Now install the extension.

neutrino said:
Hi Hoot,
I had to go to another message board where someone else had the same problem while trying to install an extension. So here's what you do...

Type about:config in your address bar and press Enter. Type xpinstall.enabled in the Filter field. The details will come up, right click on it and choose Toggle (do this only if it was 'False' before, and after you do this it should change to 'True'). Now install the extension.
My friend, you are a true legend :cool: Thanks alot!:approve:

Glad to help. :smile:

neutrino said:
Hi Hoot,

Yeah, that's because of the upgrade. If you had selected to block programs from downloading before the upgrade (which seemed like a good security measure since you could just allow it when you needed it), it carried over as the default setting with the updated version that no longer has the option to change it. If anyone else runs into this, you don't need to do any right clicking. A regular click on the true/false option will toggle between the two.

I guess a lot of people have this problem, because it's right in Firefox's FAQ thread on their support forum.

I'm going to put a copy of this thread into the homework helpers' forum so those who don't wander all the way back here as often will see it too. It seems pretty helpful.

Moonbear said:
A regular click on the true/false option will toggle between the two.

I believe that it's a regular double-click. :wink:

1. How do I access "For Homework Helpers Who Use Firefox"?

To access "For Homework Helpers Who Use Firefox", simply open your Firefox browser and type in the URL: www.homeworkhelpers.com/firefox. This will take you directly to the page.

2. What is the purpose of "For Homework Helpers Who Use Firefox"?

The purpose of "For Homework Helpers Who Use Firefox" is to provide a comprehensive guide and resources for those who use the Firefox browser to assist students with their homework. It includes tips, tools, and extensions that can enhance the homework help experience.

3. How can I contribute to "For Homework Helpers Who Use Firefox"?

If you have any suggestions, resources, or tools that you think would be helpful for homework helpers who use Firefox, please feel free to email us at [email address]. We are always looking to improve and update our page to provide the best resources for our users.

4. Can I use "For Homework Helpers Who Use Firefox" on any device?

Yes, "For Homework Helpers Who Use Firefox" can be accessed on any device that has the Firefox browser installed. This includes desktop computers, laptops, tablets, and smartphones.

5. Are the tools and extensions recommended on "For Homework Helpers Who Use Firefox" free to use?

Most of the tools and extensions recommended on "For Homework Helpers Who Use Firefox" are free to use. However, some may require payment for advanced features. We always try to recommend free tools and extensions, but please be mindful of any additional costs before downloading.