For the following three vectors, what is 3C·(2A x B )?

  • Thread starter Thread starter noeinstein
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Vectors
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 19K views
noeinstein
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
For the following three vectors, what is 3C·(2A x B )?

A = 2.00i + 3.00j - 9.00k
B = -3.00i + 3.00j + 2.00k
C = 5.00i - 8.00j


2AxB=(12+54)+(8-54)+(12-18)

2AxB=66i - 46j -6k

3C·(2AxB)= (66x15)i + (-46x-24)j = 2094

the app is telling me it's incorrect. I don't know what I'm doing wrong! thanks in adv
 
Physics news on Phys.org
looks like i was in the write spot sorry. checking...
 
correction "right spot". I've been workin on this asssignment all day. I'm losing my attention to detail. Probably why I'm having trouble. lol
 
noeinstein said:
correction "right spot". I've been workin on this asssignment all day. I'm losing my attention to detail. Probably why I'm having trouble. lol

Check this thread: https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=185106

and please do not multiply-post a problem in the future!
 
Last edited by a moderator: