Force components for 640 N at 39° north of east

  • Thread starter Thread starter metalmagik
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Vector
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
metalmagik
Messages
130
Reaction score
0
A force vector has a magnitude 640 N and a direction of 39° north of east. Determine the magnitude and direction of the components of the force that point along the north-south line and along the east-west line.

North-south component:

East-west component:

I know that the direction of these two components are north and east, but for the magnitudes i got 497.4 and 402.8, respectively. I used cos(39)640 and sin(39)640. Please if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated, this question is for a webassign. Thank you very much
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I have a feeling its a sig fig error...do I put 497 and 403 into webassign instead? I just really don't want to get this question wrong for something stupid...