Force on foot when kicking a 0.5kg ball with 50N

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Superteemo
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Physics Homework Help -- Force when kicking a ball

Homework Statement


I have a few physics problems on my homework, I need help.

A player kicks a 0.5kg ball with a force of 50N, what is the force on his foot?


Homework Equations


F = Mass * Acceleration


The Attempt at a Solution


I was thinking either 50N or 25N would be the solution because when I think of it logically, a 1kg ball would hit my foot harder, but also that could be because force of friction.. If there was no friction on the ground.. it would be 50N right?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Have you learned Newtons third law?
It says that every reaction has an equal and opposite reaction.

So i have given you enough clue.You can now calculate easily the answer.:cool: