Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Forum and Subforum Updates out of synch

1. Jan 14, 2015 #1

Bystander

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

Last couple of days (maybe a week?) browsing the main forum, a new post shows up as a highlighted sub-forum (everything's good so far) and when I hit the sub-forum, to read the new post it's not there. Go out, new post shows, go back in, still not there. Go out and update again, and it's there.
    My browser?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 14, 2015 #2
    hmmm I haven't experienced this. When in doubt always try clearing your cache, cookies and restart the browser. Anyone else have this happen?

4. Jan 14, 2015 #3

Bystander

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

Actually, that may be what's happening. You just jogged my memory enough. There has been some coincidence with ducking to other sites that trip some odd responses in the browser before I return to PF.

5. Jan 15, 2015 #4
    btw, are you sure the thread wasn't located in a sub forum?

6. Jan 15, 2015 #5

Bystander

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

As in one of the FAQs, or Aero, Automotive? Highlight in HW, "Help with XXX," open HW, check all six and no "Help with XXX." Couple refreshes either on main forum header, or browser, and it shows up. I recall one software version you had that would "telegraph" posts as people were composing them, not content, just that a reply to a thread was in process, and thought that might be happening, but this hasn't been consistent.

7. Jan 15, 2015 #6
    hmmm ok, I just saw a new post on the homepage and clicked the forum and didn't see the thread, but it ended up being in the sub forum of the forum and I thought of you.

8. Jan 15, 2015 #7

Bystander

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

It could be. Like the "extra" step at the foot, or head, of a flight of stairs. Some of us cannot walk and chew gum.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook