Forum and Subforum Updates out of synch

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bystander
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 1K views
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Messages
5,629
Reaction score
1,778
Last couple of days (maybe a week?) browsing the main forum, a new post shows up as a highlighted sub-forum (everything's good so far) and when I hit the sub-forum, to read the new post it's not there. Go out, new post shows, go back in, still not there. Go out and update again, and it's there.
My browser?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
clearing your cache, cookies
Actually, that may be what's happening. You just jogged my memory enough. There has been some coincidence with ducking to other sites that trip some odd responses in the browser before I return to PF.
 
Greg Bernhardt said:
sub forum?
As in one of the FAQs, or Aero, Automotive? Highlight in HW, "Help with XXX," open HW, check all six and no "Help with XXX." Couple refreshes either on main forum header, or browser, and it shows up. I recall one software version you had that would "telegraph" posts as people were composing them, not content, just that a reply to a thread was in process, and thought that might be happening, but this hasn't been consistent.
 
Bystander said:
As in one of the FAQs, or Aero, Automotive? Highlight in HW, "Help with XXX," open HW, check all six and no "Help with XXX." Couple refreshes either on main forum header, or browser, and it shows up. I recall one software version you had that would "telegraph" posts as people were composing them, not content, just that a reply to a thread was in process, and thought that might be happening, but this hasn't been consistent.
hmmm ok, I just saw a new post on the homepage and clicked the forum and didn't see the thread, but it ended up being in the sub forum of the forum and I thought of you.
 
Greg Bernhardt said:
I thought of you.
It could be. Like the "extra" step at the foot, or head, of a flight of stairs. Some of us cannot walk and chew gum.