Free Publications Sites: Physics Articles

In summary, there are several websites that offer free access to articles in physics, including arXiv.org, hep.net, spires.hep, and ma.utexas.edu. Additionally, the IoP journals offer free access to all new papers during the first 30 days of their online publication, and the Physical Review journals have a program for authors to pay for unlimited open access to their papers. The New Journal of Physics, published by IoP, is always available for free.
Chipset
Hello,

I was curious if there are any other sites similar to arXiv.org that store and allow free access for articles in physics.

Thanks.
- Alex

Physics news on Phys.org
Even I tried to search for free publications but no luck except for arxiv. I would love to know other free publication websites but I rather doubt there other free publication websites of physics besides arxiv

Please note that ALL new papers appearing in ALL IoP journals are available for FREE during the first 30 days that they appear online. Also note that New Journal of Physics, which is one of IoP's publication, is always available for free.

One should also start looking at the Physical Review journals, especially PRL. They have recently started a program in which the authors can pay an extra fee to make their papers have unlimited open access. Not many so far have taken up on it (I certainly didn't with my last paper), but I'm starting to hear that they are becoming more frequent.

Zz.

Last edited:
Thank you All!

Also note that New Journal of Physics, which is one of IoP's publication, is always available for free.
Just went and found straight article on subject for which I had to gather info by pieces from wiki and arXiv.org. Whoa.

What are "Free Publications Sites" for Physics Articles?

"Free Publications Sites" for Physics Articles are websites where individuals can access and read scientific articles related to physics for free. These articles are typically published by reputable scientific journals and made available to the public without any cost.

Why are these sites important for scientists?

These sites are important for scientists because they provide a way to access and share knowledge and research related to physics without any financial barriers. This allows for the dissemination of information and collaboration among scientists around the world, leading to advancements in the field.

How can I find reliable free publications sites for physics articles?

To find reliable free publications sites for physics articles, you can start by searching for reputable scientific journals in the field of physics. Many of these journals have open access options for their articles. You can also search for websites that specialize in hosting and sharing free scientific articles, such as arXiv or ScienceDirect.

Can I trust the information on these sites?

Yes, you can trust the information on these sites as they are published by reputable scientific journals and undergo rigorous peer-review processes. However, it is always important to critically evaluate the information and check for any potential biases or conflicts of interest.

Are there any limitations to using free publications sites for physics articles?

One limitation is that not all scientific journals have open access options, so some articles may not be available for free. Additionally, not all articles on these sites may be up-to-date or represent the most current research in the field. It is important to also consider using other resources, such as books and conferences, for a comprehensive understanding of a topic.