Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Freidel and Loll in Fredericton

1. May 15, 2007 #1

George Jones

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

On Thursday, Freidel and Loll will give talks at a conference being held about an hour up the (river and) road from me, and I plan to attend. I have zero background in their stuff, so I probably will get next to nothing from their talks. I hope to get more from the invited talk, Dark Energy and Dark Gravity, by Maartens.
  2. jcsd
  3. May 15, 2007 #2

Guess what I would want to hear??? Let me know if there is anything interesting being said about minimum length and their approach.
    I looked over the program and it appears that there will be a lot of approaches that will be presented.
  4. May 15, 2007 #3

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2015 Award
    Dearly Missed

That is so fine! I am glad you are going George, please report anything that strikes you as interesting from any of the talks'

I very much respect Roy Maartens of Portsmouth. He is what I think of as a QG or QC phenomenologist.
    He has co-authored with Bojowald
    and also with Parampreet Singh
    and he was an invited speaker at the Loops '05 in Potsdam.
    he is not allied to LQG, he does string equally, he is a real phenomenologist
    about quantum gravity and cosmology.
    it will be good to get clues by what he talks about
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?