Fried Egg and Oil: A Delicious Experiment or a Risk to My Health?

  • Thread starter Thread starter PhotonW/mass
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Egg
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
PhotonW/mass
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
I was experimenting with frying eggs in vegitable oil. The result tasted good but it made my mouth oily all day. I'm I going to be all right? How long is it till the oil is out of my body if ever. (I know oil is hydrophilic) Is my body going to be able to get rid of it?! Is the inside of my body going to be forever oily?
 
Biology news on Phys.org
lol, you'll be fine. In the future use a paper towel to absorb some of the oil before consumption.
 
That is a LOT of oil you've used if your mouth is oily. I use butter instead of oil or very little olive oil.
 
PhotonW/mass said:
(I know oil is hydrophilic)
Oil is not hydrophilic, but hydrophobic.