1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Fundamentals of Quantum Mechanics.

1. Jan 29, 2008 #1
    Hi friends.

Would you guys suggest me some very good books on the Fundamentals of Quantum Mechanics? I'd ne higly obliged.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 29, 2008 #2
    i like this one a lot: phillips - introduction to quantum mechanics

it s a beginners book but thats what i am and i like it :)
  4. Jan 29, 2008 #3

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I like Modern Physics by Krane. It's a book that's used to teach modern physics to nonphysics majors (eg: engineers). If you want an introduction that's geared toward physics majors, then I recommend first Quantum Physics by Eisberg and Resnick, and second Introduction to the Structure of Matter by Brehm and Mullin.
  5. Feb 22, 2008 #4
    go for gasiorowicz or better still griffiths... i believe there are two aspects to learning quantum mechanics... you "do" quantum, as in you do numericals and know how to deal with problems and situations... and you "understand" quantum, which is basically understanding the philosophy of quantum mechanics... one should always "do" quantum mechanics first from elementary texts like gasiorowicz, griffiths, resnick and eisberg and then go for more detailed books like cohen-tannoudji, david bohm, landau etc...
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?