Need Advice on Fundamentals of Fluid Mechanics Textbook

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
2 replies · 2K views
askor
Messages
168
Reaction score
9
Physics news on Phys.org
I learned on Fox and McDonald's Introduction to Fluid Mechanics (~900 pages), there are a few solution manuals available online for you to knock yourself out (1,400 to 2,200 pages of resolved problems).
 
Since it was asked for an engineering book, I've not responded yet, because I don't know any engineering fluid-mechanics textbooks. There is, however, one from a professor of TU Darmstadt, I've heard lectures from when I was studying there, and he was professor in the engineering department. Since the lectures were excellent, I guess also his book must be very good.

K. Hutter, U. Wang, Fluid and Thermodynamics, 2 vols., Springer (2016)
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: dextercioby and Delta2