Funny passage from a brief history of time

  • Topic: History 
  • Thread starter Thread starter g.lemaitre
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Funny History Time
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
g.lemaitre
Messages
267
Reaction score
2
It is worth reminding ourselves of this funny passage from A Brief History of Time

This picture of a hot early stage of the universe was first put forward by the scientist George Gamow in a famous paper written in 1948 with a student of his, Ralph Alpher. Gamow had quite a sense of humor he persuaded the nuclear scientist Hans Bethe to add his name to the paper to make the list of authors “Alpher, Bethe, Gamow,”}
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I wonder if Ralph Alpher knows Al Falfa.
 
lisab said:
I wonder if Ralph Alpher knows Al Falfa.

Hay I know Al Falfa.