1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Furthering Physics education inline with current job

1. Jun 15, 2015 #1
    Hi, I have a Degree in Pure Physics and I was recruited last year as a cadet hydrographer for a mine. Hydrography is the branch of applied sciences which deals with the measurement and description of the physical features of terrestrial water catchments, as well as with the prediction of their change over time.

I would very much like to fuse my physics education with another area of study in order to develop my knowledge. Any ideas where I should go from here?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 16, 2015 #2

DEvens

Education Advisor
    Gold Member

Do you do anything to do with motion of ground water through soil and rock? You could study the transport of contaminants. This could take you to places where things were buried in the past when standards were lax. Or where people didn't follow the rules. Or where people are doing things like fracking that are reported to contaminate ground water.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook