G(x1+x2)=\sum g(a_{i,j}x^ix^j)

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter John Creighto
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
John Creighto
Messages
487
Reaction score
2
I wonder in what circumstances:

given a function g, we can analytically find the coefficients [tex]a_{i,j}[/tex]

[tex]g(x1+x2)=\sum a_{i,j}g(x^ix^j)[/tex]

I'm not if this would server any useful applications but the transformation looks interesting to me. It looks very simmilar to a polynomial transformation.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
John Creighto said:
I wonder in what circumstances:

given a function g, we can analytically find the coefficients [tex]a_{i,j}[/tex]

[tex]g(x1+x2)=\sum a_{i,j}g(x^ix^j)[/tex]

I'm not if this would server any useful applications but the transformation looks interesting to me. It looks very simmilar to a polynomial transformation.

For an arbitrary function g(x), I doubt it. There might be a family of functions though.