cianfa72 said:
such KVFs form a Lie algebra
Sure, any group of KVFs forms a Lie algebra.
cianfa72 said:
Are themselves elements of SO(3) group
A Lie algebra is not the same as a Lie group. Elements of a Lie algebra can be
generators of a Lie group.
cianfa72 said:
or are the isometries they generate actually elements of groups each isomorphic to SO(3) ?
It would be really helpful if you would be specific about
which isometries you are talking about.
In FRW spacetime, any spacelike surface of constant FRW coordinate time ##t## has
two three-parameter groups of isometries, generated by two three-parameter groups of KVFs.
One three-parameter group, the one associated with isotropy at every point, is associated with the group SO(3).
The other three-parameter group, the one associated with homogeneity, is associated with a group that depends on the specific FRW model. In a spatially flat model, the group is E(3) (I think that's right--it's the three-parameter group of translations in Euclidean 3-space). In a spatially open model, the group is H(3) (again, I think that's right--it's the three-parameter group of translations in hyperbolic 3-space). In a spatially closed model, I believe the group is SO(4).