Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

B Galaxy rotational curves vs time

1. Jan 13, 2019 #1
    Hello to everyone,

I'm trying to find some data about the relation between galaxy age and rotational curve... until now without success.

Are there any teams working on this? Are there any studies in this direction?

Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 13, 2019 #2

Baluncore

Science Advisor

Welcome to PF.
    Radio observation of the hydrogen line from galaxies viewed side-on show two peaks due to the rate of rotation of the galaxy. From that the red shift of the galaxy as a whole can also be estimated.

Can you be more specific about what you need? and why you need it?

4. Jan 14, 2019 #3
    The interesting question is: do galaxies evolve to what we see nearby (more apparent mass than we can directly see) or they are like this from the beginning?

5. Jan 14, 2019 #4
    I understand that the current consensus is there is no evidence of any significant evolution in. Rotation. curve profiles or dark matter content. Of spiral galaxies.

6. Jan 14, 2019 #5

phinds

Gold Member

I think your "." key is stuck.

7. Jan 14, 2019 #6
    I think he meant to use his comma - "," - key...

8. Jan 14, 2019 #7

phinds

Gold Member

Actually, that wouldn't make any sense either. There is no reason for a "." OR a "," anywhere in that sentence.

Ah. I see he's not a native English speaker. That's probably the heart of the issue. @TEFLing your English Is WAY better than my Thai :smile:

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?