1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

General Science OR Life Science.

1. May 19, 2009 #1
    I'm an Australian , living in Lebanon studying .
    I as a grade 11 student , Infact, the schools semister is almost finished.
    So what I'm trying to say that I should pick the domain I have to go through.
    I do well in math and physics my grades are high , I'm looking forward to be an engineer, but still my friends wont believe that I can make it , my teacher say yes I can but my friends have a bad past thinking of me that I failed a year its the end of the world.
    Hope some advice.
    Thanks in advance.
    Aladdin Rajab.

2. jcsd
  3. May 19, 2009 #2
    And by the way, what are the most important lessons should I take in summer that helps me in math and physics for year 12 .
    Thank You

4. May 19, 2009 #3

Choppy

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

What is it about these friends that makes you place value on their opinions when they tell you that you cannot do something? I suspect they are high school students like yourself and have no more understanding about the subject than you do and further they do no understand your desires, motivations and history as intimately as you do.

This would be a situation where I would heed the advice of the teacher over that of your friends.

As far as what to take, I would suggest spending the summer doing extra-cirricular stuff. Take up a hobbby such as astronomy, or building and racing radio-controlled vehicles that will allow you to pick up skills that would be important to an engineer.

5. May 19, 2009 #4
    Thank You Choppy, your're right about my friends they dont understand the subject as I do.
    About what to take, I prefer to take lessons for next year in math and physics, what do you think.

Thanks agains for your advice.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook