Chick embryo as a model for further new life science research?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Paarthgarg
Messages
2
Reaction score
3
TL;DR
Chick embryo is widely used for the study of embryogenesis, The Metabolic markers can also be used for the study of inflammation and inflammatory injuries. These type of models provide better results and easy to handle. Your all Comments appreciated.
In This paper we have used Ischemia - Repurfusion in chick embryo to study different markes using Western blot.

quoting from Paper

Various in vitro and in vivo models are currently available to study I/R mechanism in the brain and other tissues. However, thus far, no in ovo I/R model has been reported for understanding the I/R mechanisms and for faster drug screening. Here, we developed an in ovo Hook model of I/R by occluding and releasing the right vitelline artery of a chick embryo at 72 h of development. To validate the model and elucidate various underlying survival and death mechanisms, we employed imaging (Doppler blood flow imaging), biochemical, and blotting techniques and evaluated the cell death mechanism.

Your valuable views and Comments please
 
Biology news on Phys.org