Geology - The Formation of Earthquakes

1. I am looking for good information about the formation of earthquakes. My text book is not very good and Wikipedia did not satisfy me. I know that someome might have a good site or article about this topic. Thank you. I will continue to search, if i find one I will warn you. Thank you! :biggrin:
  2. jcsd
  3. Depending on how detailed you want to get, the usgs has a great deal of information.
  4. Thanks! This site has a lot of information. But, I am just interested in the formation of earthquakes.
  5. Caused when Earth's plates build lots of energy on their boundaries (because they are pressing against each other [going under anohter or over another) ) until whatever is blocking them from moving cant take it anymore. Consequently, he plates move and release all of the energy built up, causing an earthquake.

Are you looking for extensive information, or to understand how/why they occur?
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2006
  6. Haxx0rm4ster, I understand why they occur, I was looking for extensive information,i.e., their formation but with more details. But now I am thinking that are not much more details. Thank you.
  7. AngelShare, they help! :biggrin:
  8. NateTG

NateTG 2,514
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thead via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?