1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Getting my degree a half of semester late

1. Apr 15, 2015 #1
    In order to graduate I might need to take a 4 credit course this summer. The class will be from May to July 2nd. After July 2 I'll get my undergrad degree in physics once I pass the class. If I get into a physics PhD program will they take away my offer for the Fall of 2015 if they find out I'll get my degree in the middle of summer of 2015?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 15, 2015 #2

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Why should they? When does your doctoral program actually start? When will your undergrad school actually award you your degree?

This is something you need to discuss with the school enrolling you in the doctoral program.

4. Apr 15, 2015 #3
    The doctoral program will start Fall of 2015 in September and the summer class ends in July 2nd. I'll be awarded my degree once I complete it.

5. Apr 15, 2015 #4

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

That's about two months between programs. Were you planning on taking a world cruise after you finished you undergrad degree?

6. Apr 15, 2015 #5
    No I was not. Perhaps my fears are irrational. I just want to be aware of all of the possible things right now that can jeopardize me fulfilling my dream of being a physicist .

7. Apr 15, 2015 #6

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Well, you could get hit by a car tomorrow, but I hope that doesn't happen.

You need to stop worrying so much, or you will jeopardize your dream.

Concentrate on finishing you undergraduate degree. Everything else hinges on that.

8. Apr 15, 2015 #7
    Words to live by

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook