Getting my degree a half of semester late

  • Topic: Programs 
  • Thread starter Thread starter xdrgnh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Degree Semester
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 2K views
xdrgnh
Messages
415
Reaction score
0
In order to graduate I might need to take a 4 credit course this summer. The class will be from May to July 2nd. After July 2 I'll get my undergrad degree in physics once I pass the class. If I get into a physics PhD program will they take away my offer for the Fall of 2015 if they find out I'll get my degree in the middle of summer of 2015?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
xdrgnh said:
In order to graduate I might need to take a 4 credit course this summer. The class will be from May to July 2nd. After July 2 I'll get my undergrad degree in physics once I pass the class. If I get into a physics PhD program will they take away my offer for the Fall of 2015 if they find out I'll get my degree in the middle of summer of 2015?
Why should they? When does your doctoral program actually start? When will your undergrad school actually award you your degree?

This is something you need to discuss with the school enrolling you in the doctoral program.
 
The doctoral program will start Fall of 2015 in September and the summer class ends in July 2nd. I'll be awarded my degree once I complete it.
 
xdrgnh said:
The doctoral program will start Fall of 2015 in September and the summer class ends in July 2nd. I'll be awarded my degree once I complete it.
That's about two months between programs. Were you planning on taking a world cruise after you finished you undergrad degree?
 
No I was not. Perhaps my fears are irrational. I just want to be aware of all of the possible things right now that can jeopardize me fulfilling my dream of being a physicist .
 
xdrgnh said:
No I was not. Perhaps my fears are irrational. I just want to be aware of all of the possible things right now that can jeopardize me fulfilling my dream of being a physicist .
Well, you could get hit by a car tomorrow, but I hope that doesn't happen.

You need to stop worrying so much, or you will jeopardize your dream.

Concentrate on finishing you undergraduate degree. Everything else hinges on that.
 
SteamKing said:
Well, you could get hit by a car tomorrow

Words to live by