Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Godiva dark chocolate is the best

1. Nov 15, 2008 #1
    I dont like sweet things (candy). I like sweet drinks though, like soda.

I like dark chocolate.

I bought Hershey's Dark chocolate squres 60% CACO and I think its pretty good.

I just bought a GHIRARDELLI 86% CACO. You eat it and it does not have much taste but then it comes at you a few seconds later. Its really intense. Im not sure if I like it that dark. Its not bitter, it just has a slight rasberry taste or something.

I think Godiva dark chocolate is the best I've had so far though. I also like their dark chocolate with mint inside.

http://www.kristoferbrozio.com/wp-c...ntensedarkmidnightreverie86c-f142dscf3996.jpg

http://www.chocablog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/hersheysextradark1.jpg

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 15, 2008 #2
    Re: Chocolate

I will like only eat good dark chocolate. I will warn you, don't buy 99% dark chocolate. It tastes like dirt, but it is healthy for you.

4. Nov 15, 2008 #3

I've bought other GHIRARDELLI chocolate, and I've never like any of it. I'm not buying it anymore. It's expensive, and it sucks.

5. Nov 15, 2008 #4

I was never a fan of Ghirardelli chocolate...there is way better out there, and some of it is even cheaper, too. Oh, I had the best dark chocolate truffles....Oh they were to die for.

6. Nov 15, 2008 #5

I'm a conservative in terms of chocolate. I don't eat any chocolate other than milk chocolate with hazelnuts.

7. Nov 15, 2008 #6

Milk chocolate makes me sick, it's way too sweet for my taste.

8. Nov 15, 2008 #7

i like the dark ghirardhelli. the problem with the hershey's is they always put some milk in there. milkfat tends to bind up some of the antioxidant activity of the chocolate.

9. Nov 15, 2008 #8

Have you good quality milk chocolate?

10. Nov 15, 2008 #9

I've had so called "good" milk chocolate, still can't handle it. I liked it when I was younger, but now growing up, it's only the dark for me :)

11. Nov 15, 2008 #10

Well, I dont really care about any antioxidant activity. lets be real, I'm not eating this for my health the same way I dont drink beer for my health.

I think the problem is that all these chocolates lack what godiva has, richness in flavor. None of these compare to Godiva. When you bite into Godiva the flavor is just there.

Godiva is the only milk chocolate I'll eat, but im not crazy about it.

Another interesting property of chocolate is temperature. I'm not crazy about kit kats. But if you put them in the freezer and then eat them, they dont taste as sweet. I think its because it doesnt melt in your mouth when its that cold. It just breaks appart like dark chocolate does when you eat it.

12. Nov 16, 2008 #11

Y'know what's totally awesome, is German Scho-Ka-Kola if you can find it - dark chocolate with coffee and kola nut (one of the basic ingredients flavoring Coca-Cola) in it.

13. Nov 16, 2008 #12

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Not a fan of chocolote or having too many sweet things.

I really enjoy sour candies but only like 2 of them once and awhile.

I tried dark chocolote, and I didn't really like it at all.

14. Nov 16, 2008 #13

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Ooh, Godiva's chocolates are ALL good! :approve: [​IMG]

They get the dark chocolate just right, so it's not like chomping on baking chocolate (not that there's anything wrong with that either :uhh:), but it all has just the right texture to it so it really coats the tongue to enjoy all the yummy goodness of the chocolate. :approve:

15. Nov 16, 2008 #14

~christina~

Gold Member

16. Nov 16, 2008 #15

DEW

Well, you just can't beat Cadbury's chocolate buttons and lots of them, especially when life is getting difficult. :cool::smile:

17. Nov 16, 2008 #16

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

18. Nov 16, 2008 #17

I think it's funny that another name for hazelnuts is "filberts". Filbert makes me think of a teenaged nerd with thick-rimmed glasses and enormous ears. Or perhaps it would be good name for a cute little dog.

19. Nov 16, 2008 #18

Mmm... I've glad after reading this thread that I just went down the street to my candy-supplier and bought chocolate-covered raisins, malted milk-balls, Ande's mints (when I was a kid, we bought these for gramma!), and some Vermont maple-syrup candy. I may have to get off PF to eat some! :biggrin: Can't get sugar on the keyboard!

20. Nov 16, 2008 #19

Did tribdog keep his foundling? It'd be a good name for that cuttie!

21. Nov 16, 2008 #20

Which brings to mind a convo i recently had with my dad and uncle about this topic, which morphed into a story about how when my dad had taught on the res (Navajo) there were three students at his school, brothers, named Philbert, Wilbert, and Billbert...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?