Going to be addicted to this site....

• Thread starter KateAraya
  • Start date
In summary, using this site can lead to addiction due to its engaging and addictive content. It is important for users to monitor their time and usage to prevent becoming overly reliant on the site. It offers a variety of features and activities that can easily consume a significant amount of time, so setting boundaries and being mindful of how often one visits the site is crucial.
KateAraya
My name is KATE. I'm 46 yrs old. Married to an OR Nurse. I want to change careers. Want to be a radiology tech. Taking Physics. Love problem solving and Physics but still feel like a babe in the woods. Trying to conjur up my old knowledge. Been a while since my last math class... Any help is going to be extremely appreciated!

Physics news on Phys.org
Thank you! I'm doing HW so do i just post the problem and see if someone has the answer?

KateAraya said:
Thank you! I'm doing HW so do i just post the problem and see if someone has the answer?
Please post in the homework forums and fill out the template. We don't give answers but try to guide you to the answer.

KateAraya said:
My name is KATE. I'm 46 yrs old. Married to an OR Nurse. I want to change careers. Want to be a radiology tech. Taking Physics. Love problem solving and Physics but still feel like a babe in the woods. Trying to conjur up my old knowledge. Been a while since my last math class... Any help is going to be extremely appreciated!
Nurses Rock! Welcome to the PF, Kate! :smile:

EDIT -- And I heart RTs too... :smile:

1. What causes addiction to a website?

Addiction to a website is caused by a combination of psychological and neurological factors. The design and content of the website can trigger pleasure and reward centers in the brain, leading to a desire for continued use. Additionally, the constant availability and accessibility of the website can create a sense of dependency and habit formation.

2. Is website addiction a real problem?

Yes, website addiction is a recognized problem and is classified as a behavioral addiction. It can have negative impacts on a person's mental health, relationships, and daily functioning. It is important to recognize and address website addiction in order to maintain a healthy balance in life.

3. Can anyone become addicted to a website?

While anyone can develop a dependency on a website, certain individuals may be more susceptible to website addiction. This can include those with preexisting mental health conditions, those who struggle with self-control, and those who have a strong need for social connection and validation.

4. How can I prevent myself from becoming addicted to a website?

To prevent website addiction, it is important to set boundaries and limits for your internet usage. This can include setting specific times for browsing and avoiding using the website when you are feeling stressed or anxious. It can also be helpful to find alternative activities or hobbies to engage in instead of constantly using the website.

5. What are some signs that I may be addicted to a website?

Some signs of website addiction include spending excessive amounts of time on the website, feeling the need to constantly check or refresh the website, neglecting responsibilities or relationships in favor of using the website, and experiencing negative emotions or withdrawal symptoms when unable to access the website.