1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Good Algebra 2 and Trigonometry Study Method?

1. May 30, 2013 #1
    I want to learn algebra 2 and trigonometry and was going to try to learn algebra 2 first then learn trigonometry after that. However after thinking I thought it would be more engaging to learn both at the same time. So my question is, should I learn algebra 2 first, then trigonometry, or should/could I learn them at the same time?

2. jcsd
  3. May 30, 2013 #2

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

You can easily learn them at the same time if you're motivated enough.

4. May 30, 2013 #3

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

If you know you're strong in Algebra 1 then you could possibly learn both Algebra 2 and Trigonometry in about the same term if not at the same time. If you are not extremely strong but just good with Algebra 1, then the normal order of courses in to first study Algebra 2, and then begin Trigonometry. You would be more secure trying to understand Algebra 2 thoroughly before studying Trigonometry, since your coordinate geometry knowledge will be better, which much about Trigonometry depends.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook