Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Good O-Chem and Computer Science texts?

1. Aug 3, 2012 #1

zyj

I know this is PhysicsForums and all, but I was wondering whether anyone had any recommendations for good Organic Chemistry textbooks,as well as for CS. I don't really know much about texts for the former subject, and the latter, all I can think of is Knuth's Art of Computer Programming series, which is out of my budget (as a high school student), and I guess Concrete Mathematics to an extent (I'm not quite sure what it's about, though, but I've always thought of it as Discrete Math plus some extra stuff), of which I might be able to get a cheap Indian version.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 3, 2012 #2
    I've heard good things about code complete, although I have never personally read it. You may want to take a look at textbooks for specific subjects, such as programming in c or php (these are just examples- choose whichever language you're interested in).

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook