Goodbye PF. See you in a week Off to visit with Fidel &

• Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date
In summary, Dave went to Cuba and had a great time. He took pictures and bought cigars. He plans to post some of them on his blog.
DaveC426913
Gold Member
Goodbye PF. See you in a week! Off to visit with Fidel & Che...

Will bring pix.

Physics news on Phys.org

Planning to bring home cigars?

Be careful.

Have fun, and yes, photos!

Take care... Do you want me to back you up? :biggrin:

Buy one of these.

che-wearing-che.jpg

Oh dang! Make sure that you save 10 convertible dollars in cash each to get out of the airport and come home! Bah, they'll tell you that on the orientation bus.

Have fun! Say hello to the ocean for me.

Have fun, Dave!

lisab said:
Buy one of these.

che-wearing-che.jpg

I want to get that shirt, but instead, the shirt Che is wearing will have my picture on it.

I'm baaack!

Bought 30 stogeys & 4 rottles of bum.

Had a fantabulous time! Pix coming soon!

DaveC426913 said:
4 rottles of bum

Looks like you drank them all, already. :tongue2:

Welcome home Dave.

DaveC426913 said:
I'm baaack!

Bought 30 stogeys & 4 rottles of bum.

Had a fantabulous time! Pix coming soon!

Welcome back, Mr. Smartypants of Doom! Gorgeous there, huh? I can't wait to see pics.

are Zubans legal in Canada?

cronxeh said:
are Zubans legal in Canada?

Hmm I wonder how many countries have trade embargoes with Cuba...I think we're the only one. Our government, protecting us and looking out for our best interests :rolleyes:.

I suppose I could google it, haha...

lisab said:
Hmm I wonder how many countries have trade embargoes with Cuba...I think we're the only one. Our government, protecting us and looking out for our best interests :rolleyes:.

It was enacted after Cuba nationalized (i.e. stole) the properties of US citizens and corporations in Cuba. Do you think Japan would take very kindly to us doing the same to their many holdings here in the U.S.? There have been many moves to lift it, but it's always run into snags.

PIX!
http://www.davesbrain.ca/adventures/10cuba/index.html

That was excellent, Dave! Thanks for posting those.

I love the pictures you got while diving. The colours are spectacular. You must have an uber camera to capture those.

And your hotel was lovely. You were way busier than I was when I was there. I spent the majority of my time unwinding on the beach. Evidently you're wound better than I am. :smile:

It looks as if you had a nice time. Did you have a nice time?

GeorginaS said:
That was excellent, Dave! Thanks for posting those.

I love the pictures you got while diving. The colours are spectacular. You must have an uber camera to capture those.
Just a little http://www.photoxels.com/canon-sd630.html" with an underwater housing. It's actually old by now (only 6MP).

GeorginaS said:
And your hotel was lovely. You were way busier than I was when I was there. I spent the majority of my time unwinding on the beach. Evidently you're wound better than I am. :smile:
Not much of a beach person. More of a go look and see person.

GeorginaS said:
It looks as if you had a nice time. Did you have a nice time?
Had a spectacularly awesome time. Never have I come back from a vacation so ... blank.

Thanks!

Hm, maybe I'll post this more generally...

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is PF?

PF is an abbreviation for a platform or community, possibly an online forum or social media group.

2. Why are you leaving for a week?

I am leaving for a week to visit with a person named Fidel, possibly a friend or family member.

3. Who is Fidel?

Fidel is a person I am visiting with during my week-long trip.

4. Will you be back after a week?

Yes, I will be back after my week-long trip and will resume my activities on the platform or community.

5. Is this a goodbye forever?

No, this is not a permanent goodbye. I will just be away for a week and will return to the platform or community afterwards.