Got an Alert saying post was moved, to a black hole?

• Thread starter Tom.G
  • Start date
In summary, a thread discussing the Hubble Constant and Universe Expansion rate was moved to a different forum after being reported. The original poster had not checked for similar threads and was unsure if it was redundant. They also expressed frustration with the lack of information in the alert they received.
Tom.G
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Your thread B Hubble Constant, Universe Expansion rate larger than expected was moved to a different forum.
Yesterday 4:51pmWhere?
Clicking the link prompts a Black Hole search.
Not signed so I can't ask. 'Search' can't find it.
Deleted? Evaporated? Disappearing ink? or ?

Other: I posted immediately upon reading the article without checking for similar threads, so it could have been redundant. If so, my bad. The courtesy of at least some information would be appreciated.

In case the link in the first line here turns bad:
physicsforums.com/threads/hubble-constant-universe-expansion-rate-larger-than-expected.970937/

Thanks,
Tom

Physics news on Phys.org
Ahh. I agree it now resides in a much better place! Thanks @Bandersnatch.

I never would have thought of that method to track it down.

My real gripe is with the lack of information in the Alert that I received. Hopefully the party involved will be more likely to include pertinent information in the future.

1. What does it mean when a post is moved to a black hole?

When a post is moved to a black hole, it means that it has been deleted or hidden from public view. This is often done by moderators or administrators if the post violates the community guidelines or terms of service.

2. Can I retrieve a post that has been moved to a black hole?

Unfortunately, once a post has been moved to a black hole, it cannot be retrieved. It is permanently deleted or hidden from public view.

3. Why was my post moved to a black hole?

Your post may have been moved to a black hole for a variety of reasons, such as violating community guidelines, containing inappropriate content, or being reported by other users. You can contact the website or platform where the post was originally made for more information.

4. Is there a way to avoid having my posts moved to a black hole?

To avoid having your posts moved to a black hole, make sure to follow the community guidelines and terms of service for the website or platform where you are posting. Avoid posting inappropriate or offensive content, and be respectful of others.

5. Can I appeal the decision to move my post to a black hole?

Some websites or platforms may have an appeals process for posts that have been moved to a black hole. Check the community guidelines or terms of service for more information on how to appeal the decision.