Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I GPS data

1. Jul 26, 2016 #1
    Hi there! Does anyone know where data from the GPS is available? Any data at all - positions. clock readings anything like that. Many thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 26, 2016 #2

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Your phone.

4. Jul 26, 2016 #3
    ..GPS satellite data

5. Jul 26, 2016 #4

BvU

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

##^{50}V\ ## reply is the kind I had in mind (but refrained from...). But MM deserves better: if only he/she gave us a bit more context: you want to look at the raw satellite data with some kind of receiver ? Or you want to know how it all works in detail ?

I'm inclined to ask: what did you NOT find with google ?

6. Jul 26, 2016 #5
    I'm looking for raw data for the GPS satellites. So, if for example I had data in regards to satellite positions I could plot the data. Then compare with numerical solutions of Kepler and Schwarzschild orbits. Along these kind of lines but by no means restricted to that.
    Google hasn't revealed much in terms of actual data. I'm quite new to the GPS so I'm not entirely sure the data is even accessible.

7. Jul 26, 2016 #6

BvU

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

8. Jul 26, 2016 #7

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted