• Start date
tt
"Grad Admissions" or "Should I Worry?"

I have applied for physics phd at
1)Penn State
2)Louisiana State
3)U of Wisconsin _ Milwaukee
4)Syracuse

Well Louisiana rejected me and no news from the others yet. Is there anyone applied one of these and get accepted or rejected. I think that if I were accepted they would have already notified me. Is there a chance that they put me on spare list?

Answers and Replies

JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Worrying about it won't do any good, so no don't worry.

Just wait. Lots of people don't have their results yet.

UW-Milwaukee!!!

I did the first 2 years of my Ph.D. in physics there. Great faculty and fun, nice grad students. Some of my dearest friends I met there. I hope you like deep fried fish and good beer, cause Friday Fish Fries are a kind of tradition for the physics grad students. I still have some friends who are finishing up there. Good luck.

Who are you thinking of working with at Milwaukee?

And yes. Most people have not heard yet- either way. Like Jason said, don't worry. It is not gonna get you anywhere.

Good luck with your applicaitons.
Cheers,
Norm

I have applied for physics phd at
1)Penn State
2)Louisiana State
3)U of Wisconsin _ Milwaukee
4)Syracuse

Well Louisiana rejected me and no news from the others yet. Is there anyone applied one of these and get accepted or rejected. I think that if I were accepted they would have already notified me. Is there a chance that they put me on spare list?
If it makes you feel any better, I also applied to the University of Wisconsin's physics grad program (at the Madison campus). I got accepted to another school that's about as good, so I think I've got a halfway decent shot there...and I haven't heard back from them yet. In fact, I still haven't heard back from half of the grad schools I applied to. So don't feel bad, you're not the only one.

Incidentally, perhaps you might try applying to some "safety" schools too. As long as you've got above a 3.0, there's always some place that will take you.