(GRADE 9 SCIENCE) Equilibrium Tension Force Help Me PLease

Hey Guys,

Well im a freshman taking Physical Science and my teacher didn't do a good job explaining this question.

http://prntscr.com/uf6tv <-- thats the problem and i numbered the 6 questions

If you could answer those questions and explain how you got that it would be awesome!

thanks

Answers and Replies

rock.freak667
Homework Helper
Well for starters, if the system is in equilibrium, what can you say about the sum of the forces in the both horizontal and vertical directions?

You will need to show an attempt or at least some thoughts about how you would start the question. My hint above gives you the starting point.

Well for starters, if the system is in equilibrium, what can you say about the sum of the forces in the both horizontal and vertical directions?

You will need to show an attempt or at least some thoughts about how you would start the question. My hint above gives you the starting point.
ok the sum needs to add up to zero..

so that means

#1 is 350
#2 is 250
#3 is 250

i dont understand the tension force part now #4 #5 #6?

BruceW
Homework Helper
you've done good so far. Now #5 is just due to the definition of a pulley. It is fairly intuitive. Would we expect the tension in the rope to change as it goes over the pulley, or just stay the same? Then after that, you can consider the other forces on the block m3