1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Schools Graduate degree program in Physics [from UG in India]

  1. Mar 26, 2017 #1
    I am from India, doing third year undergraduate Physics. This is a three year degree program and I am completing it in another 2 weeks. I would like to move abroad for my graduate studies. But I am not sure how to start, which universities would accept three year degree program, general criteria and special requirements
    I would be glad to receive suggestions from my fellow Physics friends
    Thank you
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 29, 2017 #2


    Staff: Mentor

    Have you checked with your school advisors, surely other students have had this same question?
  4. Apr 3, 2017 #3

    Meir Achuz

    User Avatar
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

    Pick a mid level American university. Write (email) to a professor in the physics department there. Pick one who is the graduate chairman or admissions chairman, or someone in the field you would like to enter.
    Ask them whatever questions you have, and if it would be reasonable for you to apply to their graduate program. Personal contact with a physics department member where you might want to go is the best way to proceed.e
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted