Graduate Studies in Nuclear/Plasma Physics Abroad or in the U.S.?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
3 replies · 2K views
slowclone
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I hope this is the right forum right now I’m a 2nd year physics student in the United States and I’m really interested in nuclear/plasma physics. The thing is that I know the U.S. has great national labs to do internships at and good graduate schools here but I’m also interested in studying abroad for my graduate studies I really want to complete them over seas in Singapore specifically. My main question is do I play it safe and do graduate school here or try to venture out if I can financially. I feel as if either way I’ll be fine no matter which way I go I just really want to study in Singapore and I know that NUS has research in that area. I want to say thanks for future replies I’m sorry if this is all over the place I’m currently working and rushing to type all of this.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Which university? Is there any in Singapore that does nuclear and/or plasma physics?
 
slowclone said:
The thing is that I know the U.S. has great national labs to do internships at and good graduate schools here but I’m also interested in studying abroad for my graduate studies I really want to complete them over seas in Singapore specifically. My main question is do I play it safe and do graduate school here or try to venture out if I can financially.
You probably want to consider your plans after you complete your PhD. What will be the effect of getting your PhD from a university in Singapore vs a university in the US be?