Halo 3 Addiction: From N64 to XBOX 360

  • Thread starter Thread starter FireSky86
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Halo
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 3K views
FireSky86
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
Last December, I got an XBOX 360 coupled with some video games. Before this, I had never really played video games much. The last gaming system I owned was Nintendo 64 or short for N64.

Ever since December, my addiction to Halo 3 has been growing by day. My fingers hurt even just typing this.

Video games. The best way to avoid the social and natural world. :biggrin:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Halo 3 is a very fun game, but yeah I'm guessing you don't have school / uni or a job lol. With those factors you would find less and less time to play.
 
So does that make PF the methadone clinic for gamers? Substitute a more socially acceptable addiction (educational discussions about science) for a more harmful one like gaming? :biggrin: You did see the warning label when you signed up, right, the one that the surgeon general requires explaining that PF may be addicting?
 
Whilst I don't have a gaming addition, I am certainly developing an addiction to Twitter! I have no idea why it is so addictive, but I seem to have developed the urge to broadcast what I am doing to the entire world, whilst reading the banalities of 100's of strangers.

:confused:
 
Hootenanny said:
Whilst I don't have a gaming addition, I am certainly developing an addiction to Twitter!

If Halo is Heroin, and PF methadone, then Twitter is poppers.
 
Everyone is addicted to something.

PF is a great way for me to see what topics are out there in certain areas of the forum. Biology and Astronomy are both interesting to me. So is Halo 3! :biggrin:
 
Blenton said:
Halo 3 is a very fun game, but yeah I'm guessing you don't have school / uni or a job lol. With those factors you would find less and less time to play.

I just started summer classes at my college just last Wednesday. I'm only taking two classes. I can't even find a job around here. So Halo 3 and school work fits in well.

Oh so I think...