Which HDTV Monitor is Best for Xbox 360/PS3?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Les Sleeth
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Monitor
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 14K views
Les Sleeth
Gold Member
Messages
2,260
Reaction score
0
I looked through the threads and didn't see this discussed anywhere, but it if it was please refer me.

I want to buy a HDTV 16:9 monitor for the new game consoles. I am considering the new Viewsonic N2050W 20-inch 16:9 LCD TV, you can see it here:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1645617&CatId=385

Anyone have any opinions on it, or any suggestions for what might be a better choice in the same or close price range?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Les Sleeth said:
I looked through the threads and didn't see this discussed anywhere, but it if it was please refer me.

I want to buy a HDTV 16:9 monitor for the new game consoles. I am considering the new Viewsonic N2050W 20-inch 16:9 LCD TV, you can see it here:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1645617&CatId=385

Anyone have any opinions on it, or any suggestions for what might be a better choice in the same or close price range?

Viewsonic is usually an average brand. I would think 20in would be small to look at. Imagine split screen for 2-3-4 players at 5-6ft away. Personally I'd just save up and get a nice hdtv 42in plasma tv, some are getting close to $2k.
 
sony and samsung. but i personally prefer sony monitors.
 
Greg Bernhardt said:
Viewsonic is usually an average brand. I would think 20in would be small to look at. Imagine split screen for 2-3-4 players at 5-6ft away. Personally I'd just save up and get a nice hdtv 42in plasma tv, some are getting close to $2k.

I forgot to mention that I sit close to the monitor and always play alone, so 20 to 23 inches is perfect. I would love to dedicate a room to a giant plasma screen but my budget is around $600 (and I don't have a spare room). Last night a friend who is a manager at Circuit City warned me away from Viewsonic claiming they are poor quality. Unfortunately there doesn't yet seem to be many 16:9 HDTV options at the size I want.


The_Professional said:
sony and samsung. but i personally prefer sony monitors

Yeah, I love sony.
 
Just a follow up, I bought the Samsung and it's impressive.