Happy Chanukkah: Light up the Night with Delicious Latkes!

  • Thread starter Thread starter hypatia
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Light
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 2K views
hypatia
Messages
1,192
Reaction score
10
Or Chanukkah. May your nights be bright and your latkes be crunchy.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
hypatia said:
Or Chanukkah. May your nights be bright and your latkes be crunchy.
This holiday has been great for me. My daughter got straight A's and my son got all A's and a single B. Anyone who knows about my daughter knows how thrilled I am that she has come back to earth. The economic turmoil has left us relatively unscathed too, so I was in a very generous mood. This worked to the benefit of my kids, my wife, and to me as well. My kids actually contended for the right to say the blessing (Blessed be G-d, ruler of the universe, who commanded us to screw in the lightbulbs of Hannukah). I feel like singing 'Tradition' from Fiddler on the Roof.
 
Happy, happy Hannukah!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Mmmm, eating latkes by the light of the electric Menorah.
 
jimmysnyder said:
This holiday has been great for me. My daughter got straight A's and my son got all A's and a single B. Anyone who knows about my daughter knows how thrilled I am that she has come back to earth. The economic turmoil has left us relatively unscathed too, so I was in a very generous mood. This worked to the benefit of my kids, my wife, and to me as well. My kids actually contended for the right to say the blessing (Blessed be G-d, ruler of the universe, who commanded us to screw in the lightbulbs of Hannukah). I feel like singing 'Tradition' from Fiddler on the Roof.

Wonderful, jimmy...especially about your kids, double especially for your daughter :smile:!
 
Evo said:
Mmmm, eating latkes by the light of the electric Menorah.

Thenk you veddy much.
 
I'll remember this Solstice for a while, binzing! We are buried in snow (it took hours for me to shovel out walks and the deck and snow-blow the driveway) and the temperature is plunging. We got up to a toasty 22 deg F this afternoon and are looking at sub-zero temps with howling winds tonight. Brrr. I could use some global warming about now.