Have any of you worked and studied at same time?

  • Thread starter Thread starter k4br0ntx
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Time
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
k4br0ntx
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
I calculated my expenses and I need to be able to earn about $800 each month to survive. I want to know if anyone here has worked full time while also taking 12 hours of upper level eng classes.

If so I would truly appreciate any tips.

Thanks!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
How many hours a week are you putting into get that 800/mo, and what type of work are you doing? I work at my universities mathematics department, and it's pretty easy to get my own work done when not helping others, plus, even the act of "performing my job" is a leaning experience. Perhaps you can line something like that up where you attend.
 
I work as a peer tutor at my school, and I keep my hours very low. My school cuts us off at 10 hours/week for campus jobs, but even at 6 I would start getting stressed.
 
I work full time but don't take engineering classes; I'm a math major. But I usually take 12 or so hours. Also, if you are only making $800 you can't be working more than 100 hours a month, right? This shouldn't be very troublesome.
 
I have worked and studied since I was a freshman. The hardest quarter was probably 15 hours of work and 5 classes but even then I still had free time.
 
I have a friend that is working 30-40 hours a week and she goes to school full time doing upper division electrical engineering. However for her it's not out of wanting to, she has no choice since she comes from a poor family in another country and international students have to pay way more for their tuition, as well as all the other expenses of living. If you aren't in this situation, then don't work that much.