Heidi Montag plastic surgery before or after?

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Plastic
In summary, a 23-year-old British reality TV star recently passed away after receiving breast implants the size of basketballs despite her small stature. In light of this news, a conversation about the increasing trend of plastic surgery, particularly in celebrities, ensued. While some preferred the before pictures of Heidi Montag, the reality star in question, others felt her post-surgery appearance made her look older and less attractive. The conversation also delved into the potential insecurities and societal pressures that may drive individuals towards plastic surgery, as well as the cost of such procedures.

Do you prefer her before or after look?

• I prefer her before face

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • I prefer her after face

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I prefer her before body

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • I prefer her after body

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
A few weeks ago a 23 year old british reality tv star died getting breast implants the size of basketballs, she was barely 5 feet tall.

Heidi Montag is in the news about all of her plastic surgery. She was pretty before she changed her face, now, not so pretty, IMO.

Here are before and after pictures, which do you prefer? I have set up the poll so that you can vote separately on the face and the body incase someone has mixed opinions.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_423855.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Even server has issues with these pictures. What I got was

An error (500 Internal Server Error) has occurred in response to this request.

I definitely preferred the before pics.

Her hair was definitely nicer in the before pictures. I don't care for the belly button jewelry in the after picture, either.

Not a fan of it either - but it's in both.

Definitely prefer before; she looks way older in the after pics.

I don't see the purpose of plastic surgery unless it removes some burn marks or other skin problems. Thankfully, she's ok in the <before> condition.

I don't like "plastic people." I'll take a natural 70-year-old over a plastic 40-year-old any day of the week.

The after pix look sort of smoothed, or averaged. More plain or unremarkable, to me at least.

lisab said:
The after pix look sort of smoothed, or averaged. More plain or unremarkable, to me at least.

I agree.

This may sound odd but reading your comment made me think of something. Is that the actual after shot or something someone came up with on Photoshop?

I know it sounds ridiculous, but I've often seen images in the papers that are 'artists impressions' or the like - to demonstrate what it would look like.

All I can say is wait till she is 40, and without more work, I dare say she will be worse for wear. She looked fine before, at least to me. These people deep down must be REALLY insecure about themselves. I am guessing many women would love to have what she was given by mother nature and genes to begin with.

Rhody... :redface:

Evo said:
I'm sure they're both airbrushed, but I don't think they were significantly altered.

More about the 10 plastic surgeries she had done a year ago at age 23.

That would certainly defeat the point of having before and after pictures for comparison.

I typically don't like artificial anything.

The only thing in the after picture that I like more is her hair. Even her facial expression took a turn for the worse.

I can't vote on this girls body or face in terms of beauty.
You can ask me what I see in her eyes.
Like Michael Jackson, Liz Taylor, Zsa Zsa. They seem to be trapped in a culture that makes people this way. Some of my family was in the movie indrustry. Most are now passed on. It is a sick lonely world. As long as people want to see and judge what someone looks like the people in that indrustry will keep going under the knife.
Actually I had work done. In my 50's! I won't chase it. Well actually I have work scheduled. I will have them give me Barbra Streisand's nose. Someone in the family married a rabbit! :yuck:

Poor dear Michael

michael-jackson.jpg

025JacksonDM_468x561.jpg

Last edited:
It is like 2 different people. The changes to her face are odd. They have opened her eyes up a bit. They changed her chin, but I don't like the new one as much as the old. The new picture, her face looks rounder. I think before she had a sultriness about her that doesn't seem to be there after. The shape of her hips also changed. I don't like it after, not womanly enough.

Lacy33 said:
I will have them give me Barbra Streisand's nose. Someone in the family married a rabbit! :yuck:

Awww! I love the little button nose! My mother gave both my brother and I a little Irish nose. All of our kids inherited the nose. It is quite cute (I think). You could actually see it in all the kids sonograms since they tend to get profile views (or we all think we can see it in the sonogram).

Norman said:
It is like 2 different people. The changes to her face are odd. They have opened her eyes up a bit. They changed her chin, but I don't like the new one as much as the old. The new picture, her face looks rounder. I think before she had a sultriness about her that doesn't seem to be there after. The shape of her hips also changed. I don't like it after, not womanly enough.
Yes, her face is much rounder now, and she added 20 years. No wonder she is unhappy with the results.

I understand if you have a huge crooked nose and want to fix it. I can understand having a serious receding chin and huge overbite and fixing it is almost necessary for chewing. Othwerwise, no, I don't understand it.

Besides the new boobs I don't see such a big difference. I wonder how much all that cost.

1. Did Heidi Montag have plastic surgery before or after she became famous?

Heidi Montag had multiple plastic surgery procedures both before and after she rose to fame on the reality TV show "The Hills". She has openly admitted to having a nose job and breast augmentation before appearing on the show in 2006. She then underwent 10 more procedures in one day in 2010, including a second nose job, liposuction, a brow lift, and more.

2. What were the reasons behind Heidi Montag's plastic surgery?

Heidi Montag has stated that she underwent plastic surgery in order to feel more confident and improve her physical appearance. She also claimed that the pressure of being in the public eye and constant scrutiny from the media played a role in her decision to have multiple procedures.

3. Is it common for celebrities to have multiple plastic surgeries like Heidi Montag?

While it is not unheard of for celebrities to have multiple plastic surgeries, it is not a common occurrence. Most celebrities opt for more subtle enhancements rather than drastic changes like Heidi Montag's. It is also important to note that every individual's reasons for undergoing plastic surgery are unique and should not be judged.

4. Did Heidi Montag's plastic surgery have any negative effects on her health?

Heidi Montag has stated that she experienced some negative effects from her plastic surgery, including difficulty breathing due to her nose job and back pain from her breast implants. She has also expressed regret for having so many procedures done at once and not taking enough time to recover properly.

5. Has Heidi Montag's plastic surgery affected her career or public image?

Heidi Montag's decision to undergo numerous plastic surgeries at once sparked a lot of media attention and controversy. While some have criticized her for her extreme transformation, others have praised her for being open and honest about her procedures. It is difficult to say whether her surgeries have had a significant impact on her career, but they have definitely made her a household name in the world of plastic surgery.

Back