1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help dog chasing a man in matlab

1. Mar 25, 2007 #1
    I need help???? can anybody help me??? I have to use Matlab. I am giving details of problem.

-a man starts in some initial location (xm,ym) and moves with a constant speed along the straight line of the predefined angle.
    -a dog starts in another initial location (xd,yd) and moves towards a man with a constant speed in such a way that in each step it moves directly along the line connecting the current positions of a dog and a man
    -the algorithm should terminate after the man’s move, if the distance between the man and the dog allows the dog to catch the man in its next step
    -extra marks will be given if your implementation allows setting not only the initial velocity, but also the accelerations of both man and a dog.
    -the algorithm must output the number of steps in which the dog catches the man.

http://pics-68.hi5.com/userpics/468/...799468.img.jpg

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 25, 2007 #2
    Try to indicate what you need help with.

You will use a for loop to go through time steps, and each step you will update the position of the dog and the man according to their velocities.

4. Mar 25, 2007 #3

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

5. Mar 25, 2007 #4
    I know that but how can I write kods in matlab???

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?