Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hemisphere meshing quad in ansys

1. Sep 8, 2014 #1
    Can anyone guide me how to mesh solid and shell 3d hemisphere with hex dominant approach in ansys mechanical APDL?
    I found no such verification manual for 3d hemispherical meshing in ansys. What method should be applied and what element should be chosen appropriately to mesh this structure?
    I have attached screen shot for your understanding of my problem.
    Your response will be highly appreciated.
    You can also post your reply on my mail (nishantsinghbme@gmail.com ).
    Thanking you in advance

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 14, 2014 #2
    I'm sorry you are not finding help at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us?

4. Oct 16, 2014 #3
    Hi,
    Not sure to understand the request.
    In Classic APDL: you should import your model (.iges for example), then verify/create the volume, create solid element type (et,1,solid45) for example (and material) and mesh with "VATT" command.
    Using Workbench ? One way I used to do: you can made the meshing in Workbench (choose curvature option + hex dominant method option). After saving your database, you can import the .db file in Classic APDL. Another way in Workbench: after meshing as explained previously, you can write the APDL scipt (.inp), then you can read this file in Classic APDL.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook