Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Meshing a multi body part as shown below (ANSYS)

1. Jun 7, 2017 #1
    I have one block which i sliced in to two blocks and glue them to form one part. so now I have multibody part I want to mesh them as it shown below in the image. Both parts have hex mesh but one body has course mesh and other has fine mesh, For body one size of element is 3mm and other body mesh should be adaptive. I tried meshing multibody part in ansys but it is not given me desired result. can somebody help me please.

Attached Files:

• new1.png
      new1.png
      File size:
      189.6 KB
      Views:
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 12, 2017 #2
    Thanks for the thread! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post? The more details the better.

4. Jun 14, 2017 #3
    So, what is your setup, what is the obtained result, and what is the desired result? Which mesher do you use? ICEM? ANSYS mesher?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted