Henry Head, Russell Brain, and George deForest Brush

  • Thread starter Thread starter zoobyshoe
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
21 replies · 4K views
zoobyshoe
Messages
6,514
Reaction score
1,255
Henry Head, Neurologist, 1861-1940

Russell Brain, Neurologist, 1895 -1966

George deForest Brush, American Painter, 1855 - 1941
 
Biology news on Phys.org
profession is the origin of many surnames, like

carpenter
cooper
smith
 
I used to know someone with the last name of Swindle. He was a used car salesman.
 
There are a LOT of Bakers and Cooks in this area. Not many Hookers, but some, and about as many Drivers. Enough to re-enact "Payback" several times over. I wonder if Lucy Liu has anything lined up currently - she was pretty good in that movie.
 
zoobyshoe said:
That's hysterical! If he writes he probably teaches:

"I'm taking math with Professor Dull this semester."

I just had to go google for him. Couldn't find much on Professor Dull, but then he first published that book back in 1941.

And FYI - this is also the author who gave us, "Plants for Washing Sand and Gravel: Effective and Efficient Equipments for Reliably Economical Work", just in case you might have seen him as one-dimensional.
 
I have an old physics book - The Physics of Vibrations and Waves, by Pain.

My uncle worked with a finance manager named Joe Economy.

Tsu knew a gyneacologist named Hyman.
 
There's a TV weather reporter in Charlotte NC named Larry Sprinkle.
 
# Cardinal Sin, former Archbishop of Manila.
# Anna Smashnova the Israeli tennis player.

hehe
 
I went into court with a friend once and the judge was rather amused when he called out for a defendant named Rebel.
 
robphy said:
Not quite on topic... but close

http://books.google.com/books?id=dXxQAAAAMAAJ
Mathematics for engineers
by Dull

(from someone's flickr page)
15807037_933d7b17e5.jpg


When I first saw the book in my college library (many years ago),
I recall that it had two authors... but I couldn't find a reference to it... until now.

http://books.google.com/books?id=wD2KxUYCQCUC&pg=PA50&lpg=PA50&dq="Mathematics+for+engineers"+dull

"Dull, R.W., and Dull, R. 1951. Mathematics for Engineers. McGraw-Hill Book Co, New York."
 
robphy said:
I recall that it had two authors... but I couldn't find a reference to it... until now..... "Dull, R.W., and Dull, R. 1951. Mathematics for Engineers. McGraw-Hill Book Co, New York."

Would that be Dull and Duller?



sorry...
 
It's even funnier seeing it on the spine of the book.

Is that the author... or a warning..?
 
robphy said:
15807037_933d7b17e5.jpg
Man, that's fantastic! Someone should make that into a poster and sell it!
 
Ms Music said:
I used to know someone with the last name of Swindle. He was a used car salesman.

Ivan Seeking said:
Tsu knew a gyneacologist named Hyman.
!


Math Is Hard said:
I just had to go google for him. Couldn't find much on Professor Dull, but then he first published that book back in 1941.

And FYI - this is also the author who gave us, "Plants for Washing Sand and Gravel: Effective and Efficient Equipments for Reliably Economical Work", just in case you might have seen him as one-dimensional.
Non-stop excitement with this guy!
 
In case you have not Wolfram'ed names, Smith is 1st in America, as the most used name.:zzz::smile:
 
Last edited: