High Tech Pranking for the Holiday Season

• Thread starter BillTre
  • Start date
In summary, there are multiple ways to incorporate technology into holiday pranks, such as using voice-changing apps, remote-controlled devices, and augmented reality apps. There are also high-tech gadgets specifically designed for holiday pranking, such as fake snow machines and motion-activated sound machines. Several apps and websites offer pre-made pranks for the holiday season, but it's important to ensure that your prank is safe and not offensive. Technology can also be used to prank people from a distance, such as through virtual scavenger hunts, e-cards, and video conferencing tools.
BillTre
Science Advisor
Gold Member
A very tech capable guy (and some friends) made a fake package to put on their porch for thieves to take. It shoots out glitter and fart smell.
Truly a technically inspiring production, it also uses GPS and cell phone cameras to track its location and record the reactions.

I don't understand why the thieves faces were blurred and would have liked for them to use something sticky, but its still a fun video.

Likes russ_watters
Physics news on Phys.org

Related to High Tech Pranking for the Holiday Season

1. How can I use technology to play pranks during the holiday season?

There are numerous ways to incorporate technology into your holiday pranks. Some ideas include using voice-changing apps to disguise your voice, using remote-controlled devices to surprise your friends and family, and using augmented reality apps to create fun and interactive experiences.

2. Are there any high-tech gadgets specifically designed for holiday pranking?

Yes, there are many high-tech gadgets that have been created specifically for holiday pranks. Some examples include fake snow machines, laser projectors to create festive displays, and motion-activated sound machines that play holiday-themed jokes and songs.

3. Are there any apps or websites that offer pre-made pranks for the holiday season?

Yes, there are several apps and websites that offer pre-made pranks for the holiday season. Some popular options include Prank-O-Matic, Elfster, and Fake Call & SMS.

4. How can I ensure that my high-tech prank is safe and not offensive?

It's important to consider the potential consequences of your prank and make sure it does not harm anyone physically or emotionally. Avoid using offensive language or themes and always get consent from the person you are pranking before proceeding.

5. Can I use technology to prank people from a distance during the holiday season?

Yes, there are many ways to use technology to prank people from a distance during the holiday season. Some options include setting up virtual scavenger hunts, sending funny e-cards or memes, and using video conferencing tools to surprise your friends and family with unexpected appearances or pranks.

Back