1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Highschool graduate dealing with a triple integral?

1. Jun 24, 2017 #1
    I recently came across a problem in Irodov which dealt with the gravitational field strength of a sphere. Took some time to get my head around it and figure how to frame a triple integral, but it felt good at the end. Am I going to start seeing triple integrals in the freshman year tho? If so what are some places to practice

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 25, 2017 #2
    Triple (and higher) integrals will appear quite often in physics in several context. So if you enroll in physics major or engineering you'll definitely encounter triple integrals. Any good book on mathematics and mathematical physics deals with double and triple integrals. Triple integrals arise in vector calculus as well with the integrand being a vector. For instance, you may look at Spiegel's book on vector analysis.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted